devLuk Technologies (“Devluk”)
Protecting Your Privacy
Devluk is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. Devluk is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that Devluk is required to communicate to its customers. Devluk recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Your Personal Information
Personal Information held by Devluk may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your Devluk PIN, username or password. Devluk also holds details of your Devluk services (including their status).
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, Devluk may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Devluk prides itself. Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Devluk (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, Devluk relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Devluk and to advise them that Devluk can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How we collect personal information
Devluk collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
• directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through Devluk’s websites.
• from the organisations identified below under ‘When Devluk discloses your personal information’;
• from Devluk’s own records of how you use your Devluk services; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
• verify your identity;
• assist you to subscribe to Devluk’s current services;
• offer you and provide additional Devluk or related services;
• administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• research and develop Devluk’s services;
• gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Devluk to provide you with a better service; and
• maintain and develop Devluk’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that Devluk can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing). Devluk does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Devluk to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call +61 730 630 720.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, Devluk will send such material to you unless you indicate you wish to opt-out by selecting this option in the email.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Devluk may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Devluk. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Devluk providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out Devluk’s:
• customer enquiries;
• mailing operations;
• billing and debt-recovery functions;
• information technology services;
• installation, maintenance and repair services;
• marketing and telemarketing services;
• market research; and
• web site usage analysis.
Devluk takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Devluk may disclose your personal information to:
• your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
• credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
• Devluk’s related companies;
• Devluk’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• other information technology service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, Devluk may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes); and
• government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Devluk’s web sites
Devluk provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit Devluk’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Devluk to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
Devluk may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Devluk’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Devluk’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Devluk extends the same privacy protection to your personal information whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Devluk takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why Devluk recommends that you:
• let Devluk know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
• keep Devluk up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
If you are a subscriber to one of Devluk’s online products or services, you may change your personal details by contacting Devluk on +61 730 630 720.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for security reasons, and either send it by mail to devLuk Technologies, Unit 5/14, Douglas St, Greenslopes, QLD 4120, Australia or by facsimile to +61 730 630 720 or by email to email@example.com.
Devluk reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact Devluk on +61 730 630 720 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries. Alternatively, you can write to our General Manager, devLuk Technologies, Unit 5/14, Douglas St, Greenslopes, QLD 4120, Australia or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may obtain further information on privacy matters by visiting Devluk’s web site at www.devluk.com.au
Devluk Privacy Statement October 2017.
devLuk Technolgoies ABN 48 300 506 930